Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pop!













You know the Nursery Rhyme about the monkey and the weasel... "All around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel..." Well, every time I open and shut our roller blinds I'm reminded of it. Especially when they go, "POP!" (Like the biscuit can from this entry.)

I like the idea of venetian blinds except for the fact that they gather so much dust and are hard to clean. Plus, I get kind of anal about having them exactly even, and with all those slats and strings that can be nearly impossible.

So we opted for roller blinds when we moved into our house and decided against the "fishbowl effect" that comes of having 19 uncovered windows.

For the most part, they're wonderful.

It's just the occasional "rebel" that decides to flip up on its own or shoot off its brackets and hit me in the head. That's when I think of the "monkey and the weasel"...or those dumb little cans of Pillsbury biscuits.

Like just the other night...the moment I heard a "POP!" on my head and "monkeys began chasing weasels"...and blinds began flying around the room...

1 comment:

Stuart said...

"Rebel Roller Blinds" would be a good name for a rock group!

You're funny!

XXX