Friday, June 23, 2006

Thanks for the Memories

So I'm making din-din tonight. Actually cooking for a change. Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, buttered carrots, and fresh hot-out-of-the-oven biscuits.... Biscuits. Usually I make my own bread. I've even got a wonderful bread-machine recipe for hamburger and hotdog buns. Tonight, I decided to use the last can of Pillsbury biscuits that I had been saving to make homemade donuts. I decided that they'd taste delicious with the rest of the roasted chicken meal.... That is until I had to...open...the...can.

WHO decided to make a food product can that brings back to life the horror of birthday-party-games-gone-by? That sound of a Bazooka shooting from the enemy lines. You know the game I'm talking about. That stupid sit-on-the-balloon-and-make-it-pop relay race game. I'm terrorized by that game. Ergo, I'm terrorized by opening those stupid cans.

"Rip packaging to expose line." I actually shut my eyes as I gingerly ripped the packaging which, of course, does nothing except expose the line. You then have to voluntarily (this is the hard part for me) push the edge of a spoon or knife on the line to make it "POP!" (Yes, I'm cringing even as I type this.) Stupid, stupid packaging.

Oh, well. Memories...memories.

Speaking of which, I decided (against my better judgment) to rent The X-File movie. Ugh! I was a HUGE fan of the show, but the movie was bad. The stars were good together, as always, but the story was so dumb, as my husband can attest to in that I fell asleep about 45 minutes into it. Oh, well. I'd give that one a pass.

Funny thing, though....Blockbuster offers a purchase price for movies you rent. Kind of a buy-out price. Well, the buy-out on this movie was $31. What?? I saw it at Target the other day for something like $9.95. What a joke...esp. after watching it.

It did bring back some great memories of watching the show. Memories...memories...

No comments: