Friday, September 05, 2014

Friday Funnies

This is brilliant advertising at work! I love how technical they make their "bookbook" sound. Enjoy a funny Friday!



And now...


...a few more "Ethanisms" (from this week)...

"You know, Mommy, I really don't like to write [for school]. I only do it because I love you." Then he smiled his sweetest, most lovey smile at me, which, of course, softened the "blow"...not that I didn't already suspect his dislike by all the moaning he emits while wielding a pencil above paper. I told him I appreciated his honesty, but he still needs to do it. And I smiled my sweetest, most lovey smile. Not sure it softened anything for him.

*   *   *

In the car yesterday, he said (continuously), "I love how our brains slow down the world outside the car when we're drive. That way we can enjoy all the pretty nature. And it is so pretty! Edward is so weird. He said when he dies he's going to say, 'This is the best day of my life.' (pause) But I guess it would be the best day since he would get to see God. That would be awesome! And I think the nature there would be so pretty, too. Esp. the trees. Because they would never die or turn brown."

*   *   *

He came down to lunch yesterday and said excitedly, "Edward was playing the 'Battlefield 4 Warsaw Theme Extended,' (a song) and it was EPIC!" No plain, everyday Battlefield 4 theme for them.


*   *   *

What funny things do your kids say? I'd love to hear them! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My favorite "Tom-ism" was when we were in the car - he was 4 and I was VERY pregnant with Ted. He asked what I was going to call the baby, and I replied that we were thinking of Theodore or Nathan because they mean "gift from God"... He thought about it for a minute and said, "Mommy, that makes YOU the wrapping paper!" Wow! Wisdom out of the mouth of babes!