Friday, June 23, 2006

Observation

I was perusing some online bulletin boards recently in the hopes of finding out something about the 24 movie and whether or not Kiefer Sutherland's been signed on to play Jack Bauer. I don't usually read those kinds of things because they're filled with groupies -- and other silly people -- but I got curious...

So anyway... I was scrolling down reading the adulations about Jack Bauer and the show when I came across the funniest entry: **Posted: June 4, 2006 6:59 PM -- ya he's great but he's probobly the world's oldest action hero**

Aaack! I'm choking. He's like what...39 years old?? Gosh, forgive me, but I didn't think that was OLD yet. Maybe it's just a matter of perspective since I'm only a few years younger. (And just how old is that kid who posted that?? 12 maybe??) I thought of all the logical reasons "Jack" needs to be that age on the show and of all the other "action heroes" who are older....things someone younger might not grasp yet.

Still, it did bring me a laugh...even if it was a nervous one. Aging is inevitable.

No comments: