Monday, August 28, 2006

Ready? Oh, K.!














Hooray! Hurrah! Hooray!!

Can you imagine why I'm so excited today?

Well, it comes after an enjoyable viewing of the Emmys last night. The show actually was quite funny at times -- though it could have done with less politics.

The winners were all very gracious, keeping their speeches short and to the point. (Music played whenever they went a little too long.) The actors looked nice in all their finery. The host kept the show rolling with witty tidbits. And a fitting tribute was held for Dick Clark and those in Hollywood who had passed on....

Best of all, I got to see my favorite-most show, 24, win an Emmy, along with my favorite-most actor, Kiefer Sutherland, and his buddy, director Jon Cassar.

The real winner, however, was me....

I thought I was going to be alone in my celebration, sharing the excitement with only myself. But I got to watch the show with my hubby , someone who had vowed a pledge to never, ever, ever, ever, ever watch an awards show.

Isn't he sweet?

* * *
I think so!

3 comments:

Stuart said...

Flattery will get you everywhere!

XXX!

Susie said...

I know...but it's true!!!

XXXX back!

Anonymous said...

I definitely think Stuart should be using that picture on his ID badge at work!

Last night was the first time I watched an awards show in ages. I tuned in because of Conan, but the whole show was pretty good. I felt a little teary during the Dick Clark thing.

~Kelly