Monday, August 07, 2006

Manic Monday

No real reason for this tidbit, except that I'm left thinking, "More power to you, Doc." Some "disorders" just cannot be cured. Click here to read more: Anti-Stupidity Pill.

* * *
I've come to realize that my mind is a mental scrapbook of people, ideas, and memories. (Probably everybody's is...) I've no need to craft an actual book since my mind is so chock-a-block. I find myself constantly distracted by it all, although it does help in my writing.

Watching our daughter lately and hearing all the things she wants to do, I'm reminded of the saying, "Jack of all trades; master of none." In fact, I taught her that phrase the other day. Thinking about it, though, I realize I'm exactly the same. My mind is brimming with things I'd like to do, people I'd like to have over, places I'd like to visit again....and it's hard to make any of it happen. She's my "Mini Me," I guess.

My biggest distraction, though, is my memories. Having moved around so much in my life, I've met a ton of people. I think about many of them during my days. As I'm doing my chores or shopping for groceries or surfing the web, people I once knew pop into my head. I wonder what they are doing...where they live now...if they are married...

...and if they still remember me. Kind of silly, I guess.

"It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than the night before, like a switch has been flicked somewhere, and the person who was just a friend is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with." ~Dana Katherine Scully, The X-Files

No comments: