Thursday, October 26, 2006

Still, Still, Still...etc. More from Hell-ish Kitchens

(In case you're confused by the title of this entry, look here for a brief explanation. Therein afterwards without further adieu I use "Hellish Kitchens" in the entry's title for any recipe I post. Exciting, huh? Welcome to my world.)

Enjoy a recipe I discovered for too-too simple breakfast burritos:

Breakfast Burritos

A great protein breakfast for people on the run.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground sausage
1 dozen eggs
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup salsa
15 To 20 tortilla shells

Preparation:
Fry up sausage and drain. Scramble eggs with one cup of the cheddar cheese. Combine the sausage, eggs, other cup of cheese, and salsa in a large bowl and mix well. Place 1/4 cup egg mixture in center of tortilla and roll burrito style. Place on cookie sheet. When all have been rolled up put cookie sheet in the freezer to freeze. When frozen place in a zipper freezer bag. Warm in the microwave for a minute and a half at 80% power.

Recipe Detail:
Total Preparation Time : 15 to 30 minutes
Actual Cooking Time: less than 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 10 or more
Make Ahead

Gotta love easy recipes!! I substituted diced pre-cooked "lite" sausage links to save a bit of time and ease up on the number of calories/fat. Delicioso!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that was THE cutest picture I've ever seen. :)(from your post in May)

The breakfast burrito sounds really yummy. I think my hubby would like that. And it looks easy enouhg to prepare. I don't like cooking much, my hubby is the cook in our family but I think even I could make that no problem. :)

Susie said...

Thanks, Lana! :o)

The burritos were very yummy! We made them this morning...and it's definitely my kind of recipe: easy and yummy!! Enjoy them!