Thursday, October 05, 2006

More on Aging....

* * *

Well, it's nearly official. I'll soon be "twice-18."

We were looking at a list of concerts and saw that the age to attend many of them was "18+" on the guide.

My hubby said, "Well, we're over 18, so we can go."

"Yes," I said. "We're two times 18."

Egads! That sounds old, huh? But it does make me laugh.

I recently saw my grandmother. She's 85 now. She said she feels 21 in her mind -- but 101 in her body.

I guess that's how we all feel. So much younger in our minds.

I passed -- as I usually do on Wednesdays -- my high school, and I had this uncontrollable urge to drive around the parking lot and see it again. I didn't do it, but in my head I could visualize all the memories I made while attending there. It's hard to explain this to younger students. I graduated nearly 20 years ago....before most of them were even born!

Okay, so I'm not 21 anymore....but can I really be nearly twice-18?

Sigh.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

If only everyone could age as well as you!

XXX!