Friday, October 06, 2006

Restless Tootsies

Monday's child is fair of face.
Tuesday's child is full of grace.
Wednesday's child is full of woe.
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving.
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

I'm feeling a certain restlessness in my feet. A certain "ants in my pants" kinda thing. I get this feeling every now and again....sometimes monthly.

I could blame the above poem and my day of birth....since I "have far to go." Or the full moon. Or a lack of chocolate. Or hormones.

I was listening to a podcast from a radio show down in Atlanta, Ga. (Gotta love today's world where you can listen to just about any radio station through the Internet...certainly easier than when I used to try to pick up BBC World Radio on my little shortwave radio.)

Anyways... I was listening to this show and heard about a certain rock band and the actor who helps promote them throwing a concert/party in Atlanta and viewing a certain movie we happened to catch in New York City last month....and I suddenly thought, "Let's GO!"

It's not far, right? According to Yahoo! Driving Directions, it's a mere 770 miles, approximately 11.5 hours by car.




Okay, so my hubby almost laughed himself off a chair. Being that he's from England, the distance-that-doesn't-seem-very-far-in-my-mind covers the whole of his fair island from Cornwall nearly to Scotland.

But the adventure! I was thinking how we basically "land lock" ourselves with worrying about distances to places. We travel over 9 hours to go to the beach. Okay, so we stay for a week...

Well, I guess I'd best hide my car keys....and have a piece of chocolate.

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Isn't this pushing the "Thursday's Child" thing a little too far?

XXX!

Susie said...

Hee! Hee! Hee!

Nah!

XXX!