Saturday, October 21, 2006

Georgia on My Mind

"You know, sometimes you have to go through something to find out why you did it...If everybody ends up not liking you because of it, well, they weren't gonna like you for real anyways."
~Kiefer Sutherland, on being tour manager for Rocco Deluca and the Burden during their first European tour.

Okay, we're crazy. Certifiably so.

But the above quotation definitely applies to me. (I've always been the "safe" one...the one who looks and then decides NOT to leap...just in case.)

We're heading to Atlanta, Georgia, today to see Rocco Deluca and the Burden in concert after watching the movie again in an old restored movie theatre, the Plaza Atlanta, and seeing a Q & A with Kiefer and Manu Boyer. Driving 11.5 hours to see this small, independent band play in Smith's Olde Bar.

Most people have never even heard of them, but Stuart and I liked their music after seeing their rockumentary in New York City last month. We knew then that we wanted to see them "live."

Okay, okay. Yes, they'll probably be coming to a venue somewhere closer, but I don't know....somehow I've got Georgia on my mind....

Call me crazy...my whole family thinks I am. (Though last time I checked I just turned 36...or twice-18.) LOL!

But sometimes you do have to do the crazy stuff (within reason, of course) at least once in your life to figure out other stuff about yourself.

Well, that's the theory at this point...

I'll let you know when we get back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really awesome that you are going to see them perform live. Take lots of pictures and have a great time! :)

P.S. Hope you don't mind but I saved your blog as one of my favorties. :)

Susie said...

I don't mind at all, Lana! I feel very honored! (If you have one, I'll gladly add you to my favorites, too.) :o) And I'll post some of the photos from the show and Q & A when we get home. It was AWESOME to see Rocco live. They're very very talented! :o)

Anonymous said...

I've listend to some of their music on -line and they are really very talented. I think I woulsn't mind owning their CD.

I don't have a blog but I do have a website. It's mostly pictures and videos of my girls so all of our relatives and friends, who live far away, could see how they are growing. The website is www.chenards.com

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that you guys are doing this! I've turned into a "safe" one too. In college I hopped in my car with a friend for a road trip with no destination and ended up in Niagara Falls and then Toronto. It was a great experience! Now that I'm 36 I still want to do those things, but can never find the time in my routine.

Good for you, and I'm looking forward to pics! ~ Kelly