Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Alma-Mater-Mia!

Since I'm in the area of my high school, Wednesday seems to be my Remembrance Day.

So I'm sitting in Wal-Mart, reading The Wall Street Journal and thinking about school days gone by.

I was thinking about graduation. And then about the school song. How many of us actually know the song from our alma mater? I didn't know it until Graduation Day...and that was the only day I knew it. I didn't know the one for my university either...until Graduation Day.

Sad, really.

There was a time when schools took pride in encouraging their students to know such things. They had Glee Clubs and Pep Rallies to promote school pride and excitement at being there. (Remember the cheer "A-W-E-S-O-M-E?") Maybe some schools still do.

For now, I guess I'll keep searching the Internet to find my alma mater's song.

And come up with a song for our homeschooled kids.

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Maybe something from REM?

XXX!

Trish said...

Is your high school Havre de Grace, MD by any chance? I have been searching the internet in an attempt to find the words to my alma mater song....no luck yet. If anyone knows the words to Havre de Grace High's Alma Mater song, email me @ tballykat@aol.com