Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hell's Kitchen

Watermelons from our garden last year
I find it particularly funny that there's a show called Hell's Kitchen...esp. since that could describe my kitchen. I've never watched it, but then I'm not into cooking.

I'm no chef. In fact, I wouldn't even call myself a cook. I can't stand cooking...though I greatly admire anyone who does like it. I'm more of a survival cook, i.e. I cook to feed us. I do enjoy experimenting though. I see recipes as a bit of a jumping-off point. I know flavors that I/we enjoy and like to mix them together to make yummy concoctions. Most of the time it works.

Here's a keeper (Serves 4):

4 hotdogs/sausages (depending on how healthy you want to be)
1/2 package of tri-colored spiral noodles
1/2 package of baby carrots (I really enjoy the petite baby carrots...as if baby carrots aren't small enough)
Any flavor salad dressing (we enjoy Italian or Honey Mustard)

Cook the noodles as per the package instructions and drain. Steam baby carrots in water in the microwave for about 5 minutes and drain. In a skillet, cut hotdogs/sausages in half length-wise and width-wise to get about 4 pieces per "dog." Fry until brown on each side. Put all the ingredients in the skillet and mix with about 3/4 to 1 cup of salad dressing. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, and enjoy!

No comments: