Monday, October 08, 2007

Motoring Monday Musings

Okay. Okay. It's a bit of a stretch with the alliteration in the title this morning...but it was the best synonym I could find for "travelling" that started with an "M." *smile*

And, no, we're not going on any roadtrips at the moment. *sigh*

Happy Columbus Day! And Happy Monday!

Brand new week, starting with a day off from school. Yee-haw! Doesn't get much better than that, huh?

I changed my profile photo. I loved the beachy one of me with the kids, but it was rather grainy when you enlarged it. And I thought it might be time for a change.

The new video is in memory of our birthday trip to New York City last October, when we happened into the World Trade Center train station. Haunting time...moving video...great artist.

Only one week until Emily and I share our big day. I'm still reeling over the thought of my daughter entering the "double digits," but I guess I'll get used to it in time. She's excited and worried at the same time. She often mourns the changing of her age. I guess she inherited that from me...

Stuart and I went on a date (THANKS, Mom and Dad!) this past Saturday night to see Feast of Love, a movie I'd read some good things about and that had a Rocco Deluca song called "Dillon" in it (six degrees of separation). It had a terrific storyline -- we both ended up with something in our eyes that made them water (stupid movie!) -- and really made you think about the ones you love, but we never heard Rocco's song. Still, it was so nice to go out together and reconnect. The kids took Charlotte's Web to watch with my parents...*sniff*...'nuf said.

Still counting down until the new season of 24 -- a little more than 3 months -- and what I've read about it so far (no spoilers, I promise!!) sounds pretty exciting. No one is sure what will happen after Kiefer's sentencing next Tuesday (10/16). We're all hoping for the best...that Kiefer will learn from his mistake without it hurting the show's production schedule too much. Selfish, I know. There hasn't been much more in the news about it. I think he's put his nose to the grindstone work-wise and is keeping a low profile. If so, kudos to him for not letting it become a media circus...though next Tuesday is coming.

We got the above photo on a mailing from the Philadelphia Zoo. It shows the three baby tigers born last May, having their first view of the outside world. Aren't they adorable? The Philly Zoo has been extremely successful in breeding their tigers and preserving the species. It makes me glad that we are able to be members of such a place.

* * *

5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT
an English pub in the Cotswolds
• confectioners’ sugar
• listening to the radio
• postcards from vacationing friends
• a scientific breakthrough

* * *


One of the many joys of living in England -- in the shadow of the Cotswolds -- was the plethora of pubs available to enjoy.

I'm not a heavy drinker, in any stretch of the meaning, and some would argue that I'm not a drinker at all...unless it's coffee/tea/chocolate flavored.

But going to a pub isn't about drinking. At least it wasn't for me or my family when we lived there.

We enjoyed the atmosphere.

Many were still quite antiquated, having stopped changing during a time earlier last century. You walk in and feel like you've entered another time period.

And the food is fantastic -- very traditional English fare with great pricing to boot.

Definitely something to be happy about.

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Of course, you have to be careful how you walk into some pubs - they can be lacking in headroom!

Susie said...

That's right...they might not let you in if you're over, what, 6 feet tall? I mean, you might not be able to bend or something. LOLOL!!!