Monday, October 01, 2007

Maundering Monday Musings

One of my favorite photos of the kids (2002)
A pinch and a punch on the first of the month!

Happy October to you! And Happy (I think...) Monday!

New week, new month, new happenings, new stuff...

A quiet weekend at our house.

We got the rest of our windows put in on Friday. And, wow! No more "snooping" for me. I can't hear anything happening outside -- well, except for the occasional motorbike and sirens.

We finished watching the first season of The Closer on Saturday night. What a great show! Now, on to Season 2 sometime soon. The future of my favorite-most show is up in the air, pending the sentencing of its star -- my favorite-most actor -- after his silliness on the roadways. (Have I mentioned how stupid dumb idiotic it is to drink and drive? Or even get drunk, for that matter. Okay. 'nuff said. I still "love" 'im, "warts and all." And the whole incident has brought about some good conversations about such with the kids.) Anyways, not considering that, it's nearly 3 months until the premiere!! From the small amount of spoilers I've read and seen, it looks like the same good stuff we've come to love and enjoy on 24. More Prison Break tonight. I find it odd to watch the new season of a show week-to-week on television after enjoying an entire previous season of it on DVD. It makes me understand why people just wait for the whole season on video.

Speaking of which, Season 6 of 24 comes out on DVD on December 4th, and you can bet what this lady's going to be doing from that evening onward. I'm happy to go on record in saying that Season 6 was one of my favorite seasons. Kiefer's acting and the storyline -- his emotional turmoil past and present -- was "phenomenal" -- to borrow one of the star's favorite words.

I saw the above photo on BennyBlog (great Kiefer site, by the way) and thought it was interesting. She has it labeled as a promo photo, and here's me thinking about 24's next season and how this will coincide with it. I thought that perhaps it was twisted wire or something to do with imprisonment... Then Stuart sees it and says how cool it is, with the broken mirror and all. Must be for his upcoming movie: Mirrors. Duh. Of course. Sometimes I miss the obvious. Ooooo...now I'm more excited.

My sister forwarded this video to me. It's so adorable. And be sure to watch it all the way to the end. This man is so talented!


The Blasters had another game yesterday. They lost 3-1 (I think), but, as Coach John said, they "won" if you go by the action of the final quarter. They really gave it their "all." Still, they had a good time and that's a win, too.

* * *


5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT
• Viennese coffee, just ground
leaves twirling in the wind
• a jar of spare buttons
• collecting pinecones for Christmas decorations
• an eiderdown pillow


* * *

I love the Autumn. (Okay. Okay. I know I'm not technically supposed to capitalize it when using "the," but it's such an important season -- being my favorite and hosting my birthday-- that you'll have to forgive my switching into A. A. Milne style.)

Here in our part of Pennsylvania, the leaves are just beginning to change for the season, though some have already begun to fall and rattle around on the sidewalks and street.

Living in the 'burbs now, one of my favorite things about going to our homeschool learning group is the journey there. The roads are bordered by lots of trees, and because we only go once a week, you can see the subtle change of the seasons.

I remind the kids to look each week because sometimes we overlook such simple beauties. It's fun when they notice it first.

Recently, I pointed out that the leaves seem to be tinged with color as though God has taken His paintbrush and touched each tree with a new color. The outer world is His paint palet.

Quite cool, huh?

No comments: