Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In the News...

Getting into the news...literally.

Warms the heart of an "old" reporter like me.

My kids are relatively new comic readers.

They started by reading over their dad's shoulder on Sunday afternoons when he caught up on "all the news that's fit to print" -- or the "important" pages, as my husband calls them.

Now, they pull out the Sunday funnies and sit to enjoy them together.

I recently told Edward that there are comic pages in the newspaper everyday. He was surprised, but pleased.

This is how I found him in his newspaper "tent," enjoying a giggle or two.

Of course, I'd be glad to see them reading some of the articles, as well. But then again...

Maybe the comic pages are the important part of the newspaper. At least they bring a smile or laugh, which is more than can be said for most of the actual news out there.

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Of course the comics are the important part! Great picture!

XXX!

Susie said...

Well...since I didn't work for that department, I guess I'll respectfully disagree. :o) LOL!!