Thursday, June 28, 2007

Any Port in a Storm

Okay, okay. I'm a chocoholic. There's no way around it. I should probably be enrolled in C.A. meetings.

I've been searching the cupboards for days, trying to find anything edible made of chocolate.

And today I found it.

It was a chocolate bunny left over from Easter...belonging to *gasp!* one of the kids. Which one? Who knows...I probably ate the other one, too.

Now, I suppose this means I cannot ever, ever again let them peruse my blog for fear of discovery, but...

...another confessional coming...

Okay, okay. I'm not at all keen on Palmer chocolate. It's made locally so I obligingly support it and buy it occasionally. But it's not good.

The choco-bunny was made by this company.

Still, any port in a storm, right?

So this afternoon as I squashed the bunny into bite-sized pieces, I realized how pathetic I am that I actually eat my kids' candy. Still, they didn't remember it was around.

And I sighed as I gazed into the bunny's button eye before popping it into my mouth.

Any port in a storm...right?

Absolutely.
* * *

A little "Japanese anime meets Veggie Tales" in singing the Veggie Tales' "Bunny Song." Apropos, no?

No comments: