Thursday, June 21, 2007

Confessional...

Okay. Okay. Here goes.

I've got to confess a few things...get them off my chest, so to speak...

...I just threw away my son's marigolds...the ones he planted in his kindergarten co-op class...that were meant to grow to 4 feet tall. They died.

...I hate balloons. The mylar ones are fine, but I cannot stand the latex ones. They last about 1/2-a-day and then lay limp on the floor for days...weeks...unless I pop them first and toss them out...always after the kids go to bed, of course.

...I've been known to count ketchup as a veggie in a meal. Sometimes I just cannot be bothered to cook something else. Hey, it's made of tomatoes, right? Once upon a time...

...I have thrown out some of my kids' artwork. Ugh. It's the hardest thing in the world for me, but the house is so overridden with stuff, most of it made of paper.

...I take great delight in throwing away Happy Meal toys...they're just little pieces of plastic junk...though I'm partial to the educational goodies we get from Chick Fil'A's kids' meals...they get to stay.

...I've forgotten twice in a week's time to play Tooth Fairy to my daughter. Fortunately, the second time around, I hovered just long enough for her to go downstairs while I searched her bed for the baggie with the tooth and replaced it with the baggie with the money...in the morning, of course. She does have a loftbed so it's hard for me to reach...

*Sigh.*

I'm such a "bad" mommy...

*grin*

No comments: