Thursday, July 27, 2006

Simple Pleasures

----------------------------



"Babyface, you've got the cutest little babyface....."

I had to pay a visit to my midwife today to get some advice on calming down the hormones. They're a bit wonky at the moment -- due, sadly, to my "progressing" age. (We discussed among other things how we'll give it to Eve upon reaching Heaven. Us and half-a-bazillion other ladies, I'm sure.)

Anyway, that aside, I'm always thrust back in time when I visit her office...to the times when my hubby and I went to hear a growing heartbeat in my tummy. Which is very odd now when I walk in with an 8- and 5-year-old in tow. We were talking about how quickly the kids grow and how much they change. She is a grandmother now and loving it!

Then she said something which struck me. She was talking about her nearly-2-year-old granddaughter, and how she is able to enjoy her "firsts" with her.

"Do you remember Emily and Edward discovering shadows?" she asked me.

I thought long and hard, and I couldn't really say I did. All the memories seem to blend together these days.

She agreed and said she was the same with her three girls. "You're so busy being Mommy to them that you know you experienced it but can't remember it specifically."

Her granddaughter discovered shadows the other day, she continued. And it was good for nearly 2 hours of fascination and entertainment.

Oh, the joy of simple pleasures!

No comments: