Saturday, July 22, 2006

Confidentially...

*Sigh*


Well, I did it to myself. I've no one to blame but me...myself...I.

I found the "lost pilot" to a TV show that was cancelled before it ever aired. I ordered it from Canada, and after waiting nearly a month, I finally received it. Okay...are you catching on faster than I did? The "lost" pilot...of a TV show that never ran...

The show was L.A. Confidential, based on the book and movie by the same name. It starred -- you guessed it -- Kiefer Sutherland as Det. Jack Vincennes.

Okay, so I'm settled down in our comfy chair, remote in hand, happily enjoying this interesting show. There are lots of characters, lots of developing storylines, lots of plot twists. I'm hooked. Then it hit me: This is beginning of a show that DIDN'T continue. They're setting up the viewers for a series, but the series never got off the ground.

I'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!

It was very well-done. I enjoyed it immensely. But I guess I'll just have keep enjoying Kiefer as the "other" Jack -- on 24.

No comments: