Monday, July 10, 2006

More from Hell-ish Kitchens

Sitting down to dinner tonight, Edward, 5, said the grilled chicken and macaroni salad looked good. I said I hoped it tasted good. "I hope it tastes good, too," he agreed. The honesty of a 5-year-old.

Another tasty recipe to share. This one came from cooks.com and fits my criteria of being yummy and tres simple:

Seasoned Pretzels

6 cups miniature pretzels (or broken sourdough pieces)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Original party dip mix (or any flavor dry dip mix)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt (I bypassed this since the pretzels are already salty, but...)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place pretzels in a large shallow baking pan (13 X 9 inch). In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients. Pour mixture over pretzels, stir well. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Pour onto waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.

More another day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have it on good authority that "Black Pepper Ranch" dip works EXTREMELY well in this recipe. Of course, the skill of the cook is the most important ingredient!

A.