Friday, July 07, 2006

Apropos

Goodness....I do believe I've aptly named this blog. I'm having a definite time of "writer's block." So I'm sitting here trying to decide what to have for din-din -- my usual quandary this time of day -- and I'm trying to catch up on some blogging. (I was doing well for awhile.)

But nothing is coming to mind...nothing, I mean, nada, zilch, squat. I blame it on hormones -- they've got to be "good" for something, right? (I mean, it's like when the kids were teething and got miserable, we just blamed it on teething. I think you can use that excuse until they're at least finished getting their wisdom teeth. So all the teen problems in the world? Their attitudes and rebellion? Just plain ol' teething pains.)

So back to my blogging "blues"... It's summertime, and the kids seem to be enjoying the break in routine. I'm enjoying the break in the heat. It's been absolutely gorgeous the past few days. Highs in the low 80s, nice breeze, and low humidity. I'll take it. It certainly gives us a break on our electric bill! Weather is always a good conversation starter....

We're real "gamers" in our house. Not really PS2 or computer gamers...but physical boardgame gamers. We especially love to play Cranium games. Those people are geniuses for coming up with fun games that use all parts of your brain! Here's the link to their website: Cranium It's lots of fun to explore!

Speaking of PS2 games, I'm improving on my 24 game....though Jack may have his driver's license revoked sometime soon. I've managed to move on to Level 4 which is -- as you may have guessed -- a driving level. Wow! If I thought I made Jack look drunk walking...I'm even better at making him look like he should be pulled over for a DUI! On one attempt, I managed to mow down every human being walking on a sidewalk and hit a bus parked outside a church. Bits of Jack's car were flying in all directions. Then he decided to get out of his car, and I steered him back into the car, only to have him get out again. This went on for several more seconds before I realized I had my fingers on the wrong buttons. Go figure. I'm bound to improve before Jack has his license taken due to old age, right?

Well, enough drivel. I'll try to come up with something more interesting soon...promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Susie,

PS2?! That takes real guts. I can completely relate to the one-button joy-stick thing. Yeah, I was pretty good at that, too. Nintendo (when it first came out) boggled my mind and my fine motor coordination. Eye, hand Coordination- obviously not my strong point. I never pictured you as a gamer. Though you are right about Cranium. We have a couple diferent Cranium games for kids and adults. I think they are the most well made, creative games on the market. My kids love Hullabaloo.

Speaking of 24. . .we watch it rather religiously. We don't have TV, but we do have a Netflix subscription. We use it to watch all the TV we can stomach. But we have been watching EVERY episode of 24 ever burned to a DVD. We love it. It's an addiction. I didn't know there was a game. hmm. . .