Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday Tidings

Happy Tuesday to you! The last Tuesday in the month of April!

Does it seem possible that the month is nearly over? That a third of 2008 is nearly finished? Wow!

Okay, okay. Enough with the rushing through life...moving right along.

I was chuckling at my Monday blog post yesterday. It was meant to be all tongue-in-cheek, but I guess I need to work on my humor skills...since my frustrations seemed to come out more than my mirth. *wink*

I'm in a slighter happier mood this morning, though I have to admit to a bit of sadness due to the fact that we went car "looking" last night -- with no intentions whatsoever to buy one -- and nearly got talked into driving one off the lot. When we came home and ran the numbers, it was way above our budget. A bit disappointing, but it was fun to drive around in one. Now to break the news to the salesman when he calls this morning...

Only 8 1/2 months until our show returns. We keep getting little snippets of info to tell us what's going to happen next season, and I'll tell you what...it sounds goooo-oood! The 2-hour prequel will air sometime in November. Something to whet our appetites maybe? Mmm-hmm!

Emily went to work with Stuart last Thursday for National Take Your Child to Work Day. She has a wonderful time and made lots of new friends in the various departments around Stuart's company. The customer service department even sent an e-mail to Stuart at the end of the day, informing him that they were keeping her. Edward was still too young to go this year (but next year!), so he and I had our own TYCWD...and celebrated his hard work at school by going to Barnes & Noble to use our giftcards.

Edward's soccer team won its third game this past Sunday afternoon. We saw a lot of good teamwork and determination, especially from Edward. It's fun to watch them improve each week.

Emily and I have been spending a good deal of time at a shop called Motherhood Maternity, having girl "dates." It's fun sharing this time together. She has a "passion for fashion" and loves to pick out outfits for me to try on. Her latest grouping included some very wide flare-legged maternity jeans paired with a nice stripey shirt. Very trendy. Of course, I couldn't see my feet under all the cloth. She was most excited by the jeans, which she said were "her kind of jeans." I chuckled and was reminded of how different our "eras" are. I grew up wanting to wear pegged-leg jeans. I even folded them so that they were peg closer at the bottom. My daughter likes the flared-leg jeans, mostly because she says they make her feet look smaller. Yes, that's true...if you can see them. *wink*

I saw some disappointing news from the Miley Cyrus crew recently. Apparently, she posed for a Vanity Fair photo spread and was "embarrassed" by the one topless photo of her showing her shoulders and back. If it was a painting from the 1800s, what could we say to it? The artist isn't around to chide. But it's a 15-year-old girl posing for an adult magazine in 2008. Pathetic.

Why, oh, why do we have to rob these girls of their innocence so young? She claimed she didn't know what it would look like. Hmm... Well, the other photos were taken digitally -- and I'd assume this one was, too -- and had to be approved. She certainly knows what dollar-signs look like, having grossed $18 million last year. She's no dummy, but I worry about the fame going to her pretty little head. And this is a "role model" for little girls under 10, who should really be enjoying little girls around their same age?

Hmm...on that note, I'll bid you adieu until next week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of the bunnies is sssssooooo FUNNY! Where did you get it? :-)