Monday, April 21, 2008

More Musings on Monday

Promo shot from Mirrors
Happy Monday to you!

Is it really a new week? I can't believe it. The weekend literally "whooshed" by in all our fun and busyness.

The kids and I planted flowers in our gardens and hanging pots on Saturday afternoon. We wanted to surprise Stuart who'd been away all day at a conference. Funny thing was the poor man is so tall he didn't notice the flowers in the gardens at his feet and stood dumbfounded at what we were so excited about. *grin* We finally pointed to the newly planted gardens and had a good laugh about it in the end.

Edward had his second game of the season yesterday afternoon, and it rained cats and dogs on us. We were drenched! Stuart said we experienced a real English football match. Hmm...considering how wet my bum was afterwards, I'd have preferred to miss the authenticity of such an experience. Still, the kids had a great time and won 5-0, with Edward scoring his first goal of the season!

I joined the "contact-lens-wearing" world last Tuesday, and after wearing them the prescribed 4 hours that day, I found out I couldn't get them in again until...today! I was ready to throw in the towel (and a few other choice items, the heavier and louder the better...darned pregnancy hormones!) but decided to keep trying. So I'll wear them for 6 hours today and see how it goes tomorrow.

Emily is finally getting over strep throat. The poor girl had been feeling pretty poorly on and off for several weeks, and finally the symptoms progressed enough for me to tell there was definitely something wrong. And after she napped for a second day in a row (you know how popular naps are with older children who have deemed them only for babies), we went to the doctor's office on Thursday night. He could see that her throat culture was positive from across the room. Hmm.... She's on the mend now.

We got to visit with some friends from New York yesterday after the game. They're getting married this summer, and it was fun to catch up with them. I'll post more tomorrow about an interesting item they discovered in an attic. I think this item is going "on tour." It might even make it on Antiques Roadshow.... *wink*


Let's see...only 8 1/2 months until the debut of 24's Season 7...will we make it? Of course. But it seems like such a long time to wait again. I think I was posting the same thing all last summer... *grrr* Still, there always Mirrors and the Season 7 prequel to enjoy, and that will whet our appetites, right?

I celebrate "Year 2" of my blog next month. I cannot believe that I've kept this thing going for so long. I've never been very good at journaling, but I prefer to see this blog as a way to empty my very cluttered brain...instead of an actual diary. *grin*

I'll end today's post with a 5 photos instead of my usual "5 Things."

Our front porch with newly planted gardens and hanging pots

One of the newly planted gardens...I can't wait for the flowers to grow and take over!


Our pink dogwood tree, just beginning to bloom


An "arty" shot of one of the hanging pots and the dogwood tree

Our weeping cherry tree at the end of its flowering time

2 comments:

Jadie said...

I love your 'cluttered brain' Susie. I think your blog is the best, I love coming here and reading up. I lurked you from the moment Benny told me about your blog and I will continuining reading it....

BTW, I love the Stuart is too tall for the flowers to see part lol.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely spring home! Although the cherry tree is weeping, it might not be such a bad thing. That means that summer is coming!! :-)