Monday, April 07, 2008

Still More Amusing Monday Musings

Thanks to Bennyblog for this funny photo.
Happy Monday to you! The first Monday of April -- and a chilly one at that.

Couldn't resist posting this "Jack Bauer" photo since I realized I hadn't posted one in awhile...and this one took the prize.

Our weekend was semi-productive with Stuart working in the basement and me in the attic. We have a ways to go, but I know we'll get there...and all the hard work will be worth it.

Having "leech" debut in our family come September means making some adjustments family-wise...and around the house. It should be interesting since we haven't ever had a baby while living in this house.

We're planning to use our "school room" as a nursery and then a bedroom for this newest family member. It's not ideal in the "what-are-we-going-to-do-with-all-our-school-stuff" way, but Stuart has some great plans for reorganizing that part of our life.
Exciting times! Stay tuned. *grin*

The kids begged for a sleepover on Friday night. It's funny (and wonderful) since they spend most of their time together and still want to spend some part of the night together, too. They managed to stay up until nearly 11 p.m., talking and giggling. Stuart and I conked out in the living room several hours before them. I awoke to still hear them and called up the stairs that it was time to go to sleep. Even with their late night fun, they managed to wake up early on Saturday...before Stuart and me. Sheesh! We must be getting old. *wink*

We had several silly kidisms from our PreK/K Sunday School class yesterday...

While we were enjoying our coloring time at the end of class, one little 6-year-old was explaining his prayer request for a cobra to our helper. "Wouldn't you rather have a kitten?" she asked him. "No way," he said. "I don't like them." "Well, how about a dinosaur then?" He pondered this idea and then said, "No, I don't think that would work out too well."

Another 6-year-old who'd just been baptised last Sunday told us on our way out of Sunday School that he was going to have his first "period" in church today. Stuart and I exchanged glances, wondering if we'd heard him correctly. "I'm not sure I heard you correctly," I told him. "You know, that stuff you drink in church," he explained. "Oh," I laughed. "You mean communion." He smiled a big smile. "Yeah."

So let's see...nearly 9 months until the debut of our beloved show's Season 7. It's not far, right? It's coming sooner than you think, right? *Sigh.* Still, Kiefer is involved in tons of other projects between now and then, so we'll get our fill. In addition to filming 24 and the prequel and eventually promoting the movie Mirrors, we just heard that he's doing a voice in a new animated movie called Monsters vs. Aliens. That sounds fun! He's also lending his voice to narrate a documentary for the British band, The Feeling. And he's appearing this Wednesday in the American Idol show, Idol Gives Back. (I'm a little less thrilled about that since it's not really a big deal and I'm not much of an Idol fan. But, still...) There's talk, as well, that he might take a role in another movie to start filming in the autumn. But that's TBA at the moment.

Soccer starts tomorrow for our little "footie fan." This will be Edward's second season playing, and we bought some new cleats today to be ready for it. In our area, he's in the U-8 division. We love it because there's no pressure, and it's really all about having fun. We're hoping he isn't too shy though since he has a new coach and there will probably be lots of new kids on his team. We'll see. He certainly loves the sport.

* * *

5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT
• clothes still warm from the dryer
• Tibetan dragons
• homemade guacamole
• birds nesting
• “Pomp and Circumstance”

* * *

I've discovered a fun way to fold laundry these days.

I know. I know. Fun and laundry.

Hmmm...the two words don't seem to go together.

But I assure you this method is failproof and makes the folding go even quicker.

Awhile back I wanted to watch all the seasons of 24 in row. Of course, I don't have over 100 hours free to watch them all at once, without pausing.

So instead, I began to watch an episode or two while I folded my laundry.

It was perfect.

I got to do something enjoyable -- guilt-free -- because I was also doing something necessary.

And if it's "change the blankets/sheets/towels" day, you can take finish with a nap among the newly-washed, fresh-from-the-dryer blankets.

Well, maybe that defeats the purpose...

No comments: