Monday, July 30, 2012

Mondays and Musings: Perfect Together

Happy Monday! The final Monday in July! Jeepers.

FINAL Monday in July?

That means we have only ONE month left of summer vacation. Considering how fast the first month and a half went, that isn't long.

Still, we'll enjoy it and the hazy/lazy days of the rest of summer...if we can.

I'm attempting to do some reading this summer. I finished The Janson Command last week and started The Cry of the Halidon by Robert Ludlum. So far so good.  I have a stack of other books to read, and I'm hoping this greases the wheel for me.

So, Emily continues practicing for the "Twelfth Night" play. It will be performed this coming Friday and Sunday -- pending no rain. I think she's getting excited. We sure are...though we've been missing her, too.

The boys are enjoying our recent walks to the park. We've been trying to get outside more...to run off the endless energy Ethan seems to have and build up Edward's endurance -- getting some steps for Mommy and Daddy in the process. We've been trying to hit 10,000 steps every day. I haven't done too well with it yet. I can usually get between 6,000 and 8,000, but the extra 2,000-4,000 have eluded me. I'm not giving up, though. There's a "dancing guy" that appears on my pedometer when I hit 10,000 steps, and I want to see him.

Speaking of school starting, we're getting pumped up for it. Edward's curriculum should arrive tomorrow and Wednesday. It's always so much fun to see what schoolwork he'll have for the year. (A bit like opening a birthday or Christmas prezzie.)

And speaking of Christmas...

ONLY 148 shopping days left....147 if you don't shop on Christmas Day.  And so endeth the Christmas Shopping public service announcement. Still plenty of time. Pleennnnnnnty of time.

I'm here for you.

No comments: