Monday, June 25, 2012

Merely Musing on Monday

Happy Monday!  The last Monday in June!  Six months from today is....CHRISTMAS!

Don't panic. Still 183 shopping days left. Plenty of time...plennnnnty of time. Yikes.

So it's Monday, the beginning of another new week, and I realized that I never blogged about my kids finishing school. I know that I mentioned that they did. But I never posted their photos. I'll be sure to remedy that today.

Summer always lends itself to a more relaxed tone. Well, that's the theory anyway.

So we've started our Summer Bridge books and rearranged our cleaning schedule. We've walked to the park a few times. Still haven't made it to the library to sign up for their summer reading program, but hopefully this week.

Both boys got a pair of Crocs yesterday. It's so funny to me because I never knew how much they actually liked them. They're very versatile/useful shoes...though not that attractive. I have a pair of the "relief" style to help with my plantar fasciitis. I love that I can clean them in the shower, and they look as good as new. I asked Edward why he liked these shoes so much, and he said it was the little "alligator" on the side of the strap. Hmm... I don't remember any other time periods where a little "alligator" on a piece of clothing was so popular and/or desirable. Do you? *wink-grin*  I'm showing my age, of course.

Anyways....

Not much is planned for the week. Emily has a play practice and Ethan has an appointment with the allergist -- both events happening tomorrow. We're hoping to get stuff tidied up around here. School books have to go back to K12....papers need to be sorted and filed (in either the proper folders or the trashcan)... All good -- if a bit boring -- stuff, really. But sometimes life requires us to eat a bit of fiber, right?

So without further adieu, I give you the end of year "portrait" session and a video of our "promotion ceremony."

Start of school -- September 2011

End of school -- June 2012 





THE "PROMOTION CEREMONY"

Emily is promoted to 10th grade

Edward is promoted to 6th grade

Ethan is promoted to kindergarten

THEN (9/2011) AND NOW (6/2012) -- Haven't they changed?






No comments: