Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

Once upon a time...in a galaxy...oops, I mean, not so long ago...I was a single lady, living in my single apartment with my single rabbit, hamster, and rat, going to my single job at the newspaper, and staying up until all hours without a single care in the world...

...and if I listened...I heard silence.

* * *

Hmm... Life is so different now...

I'm married with three kids.

I live in a house with nine rabbits, one dog, one cat, and a hamster.

I teach the two older kids at home and have been doing so for the past 7 years.

I have a new baby boy...something I haven't had for nearly 8 years.

My daughter dances and my older son plays soccer.

I drive a minivan. [Insert smirky smile here.]

I teach journalism to homeschoolers.

I belong to the Berks County 4-H Rabbit and Cavy Club.

I get excited about new words.

I see the Nutcracker every year.

I know the names and numbers of several different kinds of fighter jets.

I'm nearly 40.

*Sigh*

And I feel so blessed!

I have three wonderful kids, an equally (or more) wonderful hubby, and live in a warm, (mostly) dry house with plenty of chocolate food.

And if I close my eyes and listen, I hear: explosions of silliness...fits of giggles/laughter...arguments between siblings...and it feels good to know I'm exactly where I should be...

...and exactly where I want to be.

2 comments:

carebear said...

Silence may be golden, but the spontaneous bursts of laughter are heart warming. Man do things change. :)

Jadie said...

What a change in your life, and all for the good. Let's 'blame' or 'thank' the chocolate... lol