Monday, January 26, 2009

Musing, Musing, Musing on Monday

My guys -- big and littlest
Happy Monday to you! The last Monday in January 2009.

No way, right?

Way.

Monday, Monday, Monday. My favorite day of the week. It's the day that everything gets put back in its place...and the schedule starts anew. If I had some sort of failure keeping up with everything last week, then Monday is the day I can catch up and start afresh.

Odd, I know...but it is what it is.

But I like Mondays because they mean another new episode of 24!!!! Yep! You know it! Yippee! We have a few wings left in the freezer and some snicky-snacks to munch on in the tense moments... Last week we left off with Jack.... Ha! No spoilers here. You'll have to watch for yourself to see what happens to Jack.

The kids are still growing. I wish they'd stop that sometimes...or at least slow it down a little. I really am struggling to keep up. Ethan is the most noticeable in his growth, of course, being a "little" guy and all. (He's actually huge...gi-normus. I call him "gargantuan baby," and he laughs. So easy to please at this age. *wink-grin*)

I was singing some jingles from a few cat food commercials from days-gone-by. (What? You don't randomly break out into old cat food songs?) See how many you remember and which food they advertised. "January...cha-chow, chow, chow. February...cha-chow, chow, chow...." And "Beef, tuna, liver, chicken. Meow, meow, meow, meow. Meow, meow, meow, meow. Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow...." I saved feverishly for the calendar from the first cat food jingle. It was always such a treat. I was very sad when they stopped making them.

I hit the blogging world in late February/early March almost 3 years ago...and a week ago I took on a new challenge. I'm blogging for a local forum -- run by our local newspaper -- called http://www.berksparents.com/. I borrowed back the title from the homeschooling blog I first started with -- Planting Children -- and am using it for my blog on the forum. Take a gander over that way sometime and let me know what you think. It'll be challenging to keep up with it all, but at least it's keeping me writing, right?

With that and the need to cook some dinner before dance class, I bid you adieu. Ciao for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well happy third blogiversary to you! I'm so glad we found each other. :-)