Monday, January 12, 2009

24 Hours and Counting...

When I was in high school, there was a cheer that was popular (still might be... I'm out of the loop on that). It went like this: "A-W-E...S-O-M-E! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome are we!" (There's nothing quite so self-promoting as a cheer, huh? *wink*)

Anyways, lest my blog become a solid wall of Ethan-ness in various stages, outfits, and expressions...I thought I'd post a comment or two about the newest season of my favorite show. (Caution: Spoilers may follow.)

After waiting 18 months for the next season...and viewing the first four episodes...I have to say:

1. It was a-w-e...s-o-m-e!
2. It was phenomenal(ly awesome)!
3. Only one week to go until the next (awesome) episode!!!!

(Did I mention that it was AWESOME? You cheering with me yet?)

I'm probably not the most unbiased judge of the show since I've liked every season/episode/blooper reel/anything 24 they've made to date.

I think Kiefer's done a brilliant job of building up the emotions in Jack's character over the seasons. And the action/energy of the show is a perfect match to the drama. I think it's all well and good to have motions in a series, but it needs to be coupled with emotions to bring some depth to the show. Otherwise, it's just a weekly James Bond flick. (Not that there's anything wrong with that. The latest installment of that series was excellent! A true bite-your-nails, edge-of-your-seat kind of movie.)

So I might be a little psyched...pumped...ecstatic for the next episode which is only 6 days, 21 hours, and 59 minutes away...

Okay. Okay. Just a tad excited...

No comments: