Monday, January 28, 2008

More Amusing Monday Musings

Happy Monday to you!

The last Monday in January.

Lots of fun stuff today...be sure to click on any links you see.

We had an eventful weekend, trying to get the car "up to snuff" for its annual state inspection. (Sadly, it failed on Friday and needed some work.)

We also got the chance to see the newest VeggieTales movie, The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. It was hilarious! Very well-done and very worth seeing! Click here to see the trailer.

I'm still working through Season 2 of 24 as I fold my laundry. Apparently, the writers' strike is getting close to finishing? We'll see.

Kiefer Sutherland was spotted in New York City yesterday, visiting with some old friends. Pagesix.com got this video tidbit of it. I love Kiefer's reaction to Baby Leo. I think the baby must have grown some since Kiefer last saw him? *wink*

Stuart "put his foot in it" (no pun intended) with the kids a few times this weekend. My personal favorite: While chatting with Emily, he told her that drinking too much soda will prevent a little girl from developing..."bazongas." Edward happened by and said, "Are those a type of gun? I've heard of bazookas but not bazongas."

Hmm...what do you say to that?

* * *

5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT
• Mrs. Butterworth’s syrup bottles
• nurturing a child’s imagination
• pine boughs
• an elaborate coat of arm
• travelogues

* * *

When I was a little girl, I always remember my mom's collection of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup bottles. It wasn't elaborate but they were constant, up on the window sash to allow the sun to shine through them.

The peaceful look crafted on "Mrs. Butterworth's" face combined with the soft brown-colored glass bottle made for a nice lasting image in my brain.

She always seemed so pleased to help make your pancakes and waffles taste yummy. She was the "mama" who wanted you to "eat up" to put some "meat on your bones." She seemingly cared about you.

They say that product placement and slick advertising can help sell a product. But I think nostalgia can play an even bigger role.

Afterall, I find myself still buying Mrs. Butterworth's syrup for my family.

Sadly, they don't share my warm and fuzzy memories about Mrs. Butterworth since my mom doesn't have her syrup bottle collection anymore...

But they can still enjoy the yummy syrup. *wink*

No comments: