Monday, September 25, 2006

You've (Not) Got a Friend in...Jack

You've got a friend in me?

Okay, so I just finished watching Season 4 of 24 again...and I've come to several conclusions: If Jack Bauer promises to get you help, do NOT believe him -- try to find a way to dial 911 for yourself -- and I'm very happy I live on the East Coast, over 3,000 miles away from Jack Bauer.

Don't get me wrong. I know he's a hero and saves lots of people and all, but if you aren't on his Top 5 List, you're toast. He's more interested in saving the millions than little ol' you...especially if you have information pertinent to his investigation.

It makes me wonder if you'd really want him on your side....but then I wouldn't want to be enemies with him either. So any way you look at it, I'm VERY GLAD to live so far away from him.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's all determined by a script. But sometimes you think about heroic people out in the "real world" and wonder, if push comes to shove, will they really save you?

...Especially if you have the necessary jumpdrive in your jeans pocket to download information on finding the bad guy in the next 60 minutes thus saving the world from a nuclear holocaust....

Run away! Run away VERY fast...and remember to duck or wear your bulletproof vest.

1 comment:

Susie said...

LOL! I don't know, Dawn! Most of his "girls" end up dying, too. A few have made it so far. But notice they're staying far away from him. It'll be interesting to see what Season 6 holds for Audrey. My advice to her comes from the Teletubbies: Run away! Run away! LOL!!