Sunday, September 10, 2006

Start Spreading the News...

"...I'm leaving today! I want to be a part of it...New York, New York!"

Well, we're back from our trip to New York City. What "country mice" we are! We left the city -- and the sounds of people and cars and horns -- at 12:30 a.m. It was just as alive as when we arrived earlier in the evening. We returned home to W. City with a few cars on the road and the sound of crickets. Amazing!

The reason for our trip? To see a movie about an Indie rock band's -- Rocco Deluca and the Burden -- premier tour in Europe. Since the movie had a very limited release in a select few cities, we were very interested when we saw it would be shown in New York -- a mere 2.5 hours from us... LOL! It took us over 3.5 due to horrendous traffic around the Holland Tunnel. Oh, well. We made it, with 2.5 hours to spare. Our show wasn't until 10 p.m.

The movie, a rockumentary called I Trust You to Kill Me (the name of the band's first album), was excellent! The band is actually very good. I'm not particularly fond of rock music, per se, but they have a very unique sound, and the lead, Rocco Deluca, is phenomenal on the guitar. That said, each of the band's members is very good at what he does. What struck us is that they aren't worried about image. It's all about the music. It was humorous to watch them learn the ropes of touring.

The clincher? Their manager for this first tour was none other than Kiefer Sutherland. (He has since been "let go.") And, okay, he was probably the draw for me -- and lots of others -- to this band in the first place. But both Stuart and I found ourselves wanting to buy the album by the end of the movie.

So it was a wonderful adventure to the Big Apple to see a good movie.

And....


(Clicking on the photos makes them larger.)

...to get a photo or two of Kiefer Sutherland in person, including one with his arm around me. And get his autograph on the insert to my 24 -- Season One DVD set. (Yes, I was shaking after the whole thing!!) He and the director of the movie were there for a Q & A after the 7:45 p.m. showing. We caught him on his way in since we didn't have tickets to that show. And, WOW! I was feeling very shy...but Stuart wasn't about to let him get by without saying "hi" and asking for a photo and an autograph. (Have I mentioned how much I love my hubby??) Kiefer was very polite, very friendly, and very accommodating.

So an added bonus to a wonderful adventure to the Big Apple to see a good movie...and a very nice actor!

More another day on our trip and the theatre...I'm pooped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO awesome to see a picture of you with Kiefer, since I know how big a fan you are! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oops, that above comment was from me, Kelly. Sorry!