Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pussycat, Pussycat, Where Have You Been?

* * *
"Pussycat, pussycat, where have you been?
I've been to London to visit the Queen.
Pussycat, pussycat, what have you there?
I frightened the little mouse under the chair."
* * *

Abigail, our 10-year-old Maine Coon cat, spent the morning at the "beauty parlor" getting a "lion cut." She'd become very matted and wasn't very patient about being combed out.

Here are before and after photos:

We've since ditched the cute, little, yellow-with-autumn-leaf bows. The dog was pestering her, trying to get a better look. (I think inwardly he was snickering at her. His day will come.)

So....

"Pussycat, pussycat, where have you been?
I've been to the groomer...see what I mean?
Pussycat, pussycat, what have you there?
I've had all my hair cut off and look like Fuzzy-Wuzzy-Bear."

3 comments:

Stuart said...

Oh, she's soooooo CUTE! :) Love the bow!!!

Seriously, I'm sure that she's MUCH more comfortable with her new "do".

XXX!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she looks so good!!! So much "poof" is gone now, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Aww! She had a bow!

We just recently de-matted our cat Tigger, who got chubby after getting fixed at age 8 (long story). It took forever! She's feisty so she must have been uncomfortable to let me fuss with her for so long. She's dutifully maintaining herself now.

~Kelly