Saturday, May 26, 2012

Friday Funnies...on Saturday Sweethearts

Since yesterday was a special day -- ie. our anniversary -- and I didn't want to miss out on sharing my weekly Friday Funnies...I decided to do a "crossover post" with my usual Saturday Sweethearts.

Yeah. Yeah. Confusing, I know.  But stick with me.

We made this video for my mother-in-law for her birthday. I think it turned out well, all things considered, though nothing like the "Hallmark-quality" video I had pictured in my head.

The idea was to play the sweet "happy birthday" song in the background, while the kids each held a card bearing one letter in the phrase: "Happy Birthday, Granny! XOX"

What the video doesn't show, however, was just how many times we had to redo it before we got something semi-usable. The cards would get out of order. One kid would forget to smile. Another would have a tantrum. The cards would get dropped. The song would stop too soon.

Still in all, it turned out to be a fun memory that (hopefully) brought a smile and chuckle and feeling of love to the recipient.

After all, that was the goal.

No comments: