Monday, May 04, 2009

Mainly Photo Musings on Monday

Happy Monday! The first Monday in May. Wow! New month, new weather? We've had lots of "April showers" so now we can see lots of May's flowers, right? We can hope.

The rain cancelled Edward's soccer game yesterday. He was sad as the rain also caused his practice to be cancelled last Friday. Ugh. The rain is making our grass look more like an African savanna at the moment. But at least everything is green and colorful.

Some friends of ours, who live in Bristol, England, had a tragic loss this past Friday, and it's been playing heavy on our hearts and minds. Their 11-year-old son Sammie was killed when a woman drove her car onto the sidewalk where he and several others were walking home from their church's youth group meeting. Our hearts are breaking, but I'm sure our sadness doesn't even compare an iota to his parents' and three brothers' pain. If you can, keep this family in your prayers, please. They still haven't found the driver who killed him.

Our homeschool learning group wraps up its last session this week, and then we have our annual end-of-year program and art show. Then that's it until next Fall. I can't believe we're at this point in the school year. The kids are working hard, trying to finish their lessons before the nice weather arrives for real. It's always harder to work when the sun is shining outside. *wink-grin*

Episode 21 of 24 is on tonight. Woooo-hoooo! The season is ramping up with plot twists and excitement. Only a few more weeks until the season finale. Whatever will happen to Jack is anyone's guess. The baddies are especially bad this season -- or "super bad," as Stuart says. We've been watching more free shows online, as well. It's such fun to catch up on some of the shows we love and enjoy but can't see because of our schedules, forgetfulness, or lack of that particular channel in our cable "package."

We had a restful rainy afternoon yesterday. The kids were bored and wanted to play the Playstation 2....but I suggested a rousing game of Monopoly, and they had a blast. Sometimes I think we overlook the simple stuff. I was remembering how my cousin and I used to have marathon games during the summer. The lazy, hazy days of summer.... Sigh.

A pictorial view of our Sunday afternoon as texted to Stuart:





Our dogwood tree is in full bloom at the moment. It's looks so bright and cheerful, especially against the gray of the sky. We recently had our house appraised, and the appraiser had a photo of the house from before we bought it. You couldn't even see the tree -- it was so small. Funny how time changes a house, and it can be so subtle you never notice.

Here are some photos of it:





Well, housework and school and babies are calling to me...so I'm off to "do" Monday. Hope you enjoy yours!

3 comments:

carebear said...

LOVE the dogwood tree! Dogwoods and Magnolias have always been my favorite...but I guess that's a little unsurprising being born and raised in GA!
I will keep your friends in my prayers. So sad. :(

Jadie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Susie. I will prayer for the parents and other familymembers. I hope you can ease the pain a little with being a friend.

It makes me speechless that the female driver run. Unbelievable!!!

Mom Watch said...

So sad to hear about your friends' son, I pray that their hearts will be filled by the love and support from family and friends.

Great to see the pics and get updated--that baby is HUGE! Makes me realize how long I've been amiss. Hope all is well with you and yours--God Bless!