Monday, May 18, 2009

Coos and News on Monday

Happy Monday to you!! The middle of May already. Really. No kidding around. Egads!

I'm listening to my baby sing and "coo" (though he sounds nothing like a dove) nearby. He has lots to "say" and sing about...he has my family's "chatterbox" genes. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. *wink-grin*

Today's the day! The DAY! THE day! It's finally time for the 24 Season 7 finale...Yippee!!!! I say finally and yet the months have been speeding by so quickly it's kind of surprising that it's here already, if you know what I mean. We find out all the secrets and answers to this particular season...hopefully wrapping up some loose ends. But it is 24 and that means nothing wraps up prettily. And that's not a spoiler. I have no idea of what happens tonight...except I do know some of the characters who are returning next season. Phew.

Edward had another soccer game yesterday. He did...well, suffice it to say, he wasn't focused in the slightest as he skipped -- yes, skipped -- to his position on the field, laughing and playing with his one teammate who was equally oblivious to the fact that there was a soccer game in progress...and then he did his silly dance whilst "keeping" the goal. Not that I have a problem with skipping or dancing. Not in the slightest. But there's a time and a place. I'm just saying. It's not the kind of scene you'd see during European football matches...not that he's professional or even heading that way.

Another little bun-bun joined our family last Thursday. I've dubbed it "George" (even though we don't know the gender yet). He/she/it was born to Audrey and Jack. I'm not sure why she only had one kit -- since most Holland Lop does have 3 or 4. But it was her first time. Whatever the case, it's early days where baby bunnies are concerned, but we're excited to have another potential furry friend in our midst.

I've managed to begin piecing back together my wallet. I got a new license and replaced my credit cards. I have to get new insurance cards and library cards and shop club cards....but all in due time.

School is wrapping up quickly for the kids. Edward is finishing his subjects rapidly and will fill in the rest of his hours with music, projects, and experiments he didn't have a chance to finish. He's done very well with his 2nd-/3rd-grade curriculum -- surprising us especially with his composition skills. Emily has a bit more than him to finish, but she's winding down, too. She seems to be enjoying history again -- now that she's in the "modern era." She learning all about '80s and '90s at the moment. It's fun "reliving" it with her...giving her an insider's view of it all.

We're pretty certain Ethan has hit another growth spurt. At just 8 months old, he's almost toddler-sized now, I think. *grin* He can roll over when he wants to and is trying to get up on all fours to rock or crawl. He loves to stand -- with support, of course -- and BOUNCE. The kid was born to bounce, I think. Tigger in a human suit. I'm afraid he's nearly too heavy for his in-the-door bouncer, which is sad since he loves it so much. And he's a huge fan of "Daddy" and squeals with sadness if he hears him but isn't with him. It's very touching. The teeth are there but not quite popping through yet. Sigh.

Off to do my Monday chores. Enjoy the beginning of the week and the 24 finale-- if you're a fan. And I think it's trying to sunshine.,,,we can hope?

No comments: