Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One School of Thought...

Okay. Okay.

So I still have a long way to go in turning our old "school room" into a baby's room...but I was "resting" in between sorting and lugging boxes and bags this afternoon and decided to try to get the window treatments finished.

I'll have to disassemble it when I spring clean the room, but I thought it might give me some inspiration...and I have to admit it did.

See what you think:



We decided to keep the kids' handprints since they go so well with the pink, blue, yellow, and apple green colors in the bedding. Plus, it's something personal that they can contribute to the baby's room. I think they're pleased. *wink*

Well, off to bed so that I can keep going tomorrow...September's coming.

4 comments:

carebear said...

So cute! And the handprints make a wonderfully personal focal point! Maybe you can add a tiny handprint for homecoming. :)

Susie said...

Sounds perfect! :o)

Our lastname is Foote, and we used Emily's baby footprints as the motif on some shirts for us. That would have been fun in the baby's room, too. Though maybe a bit messy. *wink*

Anonymous said...

(claps) Adorable!

And with the (afternoon?) sun coming in the room, those colors really just come alive. So pretty!

Sorry, have been running on the treadmill this week trying to keep everything going and have been out of the chat/email/comments loop. I'm playing catchup this morning. :-)

Mom Watch said...

The drapes are perfect! They make the room so sunny and bright--love them. Please tell me you did NOT make those yourself!!

I might just have to post a pic of my one attempt at making curtains. They look wonderful from about 100 feet away. Get up close and you will notice that I gave up fighting my old sewing machine and decided to glue gun the seams together--lol.