Monday, July 21, 2008

Monstrously Muggy Monday Musings

My handsome guys after their latest haircuts
Happy Monday to you! A very hot and muggy one here in Pennsylvania. I think you could ring out a few clouds today.

Looking at the calendar, I am again reminded of how quickly time dost fly. Is it really nearing the end of July already? Didn't we just celebrate July 4th?

Ugh.

We already received our school materials which means...not long until our lessons begin again.

Ugh...again.

(Hmm...I wonder why the school year doesn't go quite as fast?)

Anyways...

I made a small change on the old blog, trying a music player on the sidebar instead of the usual music video. It has about 30 or so songs on it, and you can select other songs to play whilst you read. Or you can choose to stop the music -- especially helpful when watching a video. Either way, I hope you enjoy some of the selections.

We enjoyed a relatively less busy weekend. The kids went to my parents' so that Stuart could take me to a local tea room that opened a few months ago. It was such fun to dress up and enjoy an afternoon together. When we returned for them, they told us to go out again...they weren't ready to come home yet. *grin* So two dates in one day? Yippee!!

I have another appointment at the midwife's tonight. I'll report her findings tomorrow. Hard to believe we're in the single digits week-wise now. Less than 8 weeks to go!

We've been battling fleas on the dog recently. I keep washing him in flea shampoo and then all his bedding in hot water and ammonia. But I think I need to break down and buy the more expensive flea remedy...and then spray the heck out of the house. See what cheapness gets me? Ugh! I hate fleas so much and think of them as large brown lice. Soon enough, I'll get rid of them...or they'll get rid of me?

I've enjoyed a few more 24 prequel trailers...and another trailer for Mirrors. Egads! Can you feel my excitement? I'd start a countdown for the prequel, except then I'll be even closer to my due date, and I'm not quite ready for that at the moment. Mirrors comes out in a few weeks...and, as I've said before, I'm nervously excited about that one...not being a true fan of horror flicks. Still in all, I am a big Kiefer Sutherland fan...and I've never seen one of his movies on the big screen...so "any port in a storm," right? *wink*

Off to finish my cleaning and continue organizing? Here's hoping!!

No comments: