Monday, July 14, 2008

More Manic Monday Musings

Emily and Edward at the Philadelphia Zoo, July 2006
Happy Monday to you!

I was singing "Monday, Monday" by the Mamas and Papas earlier this morning when "Manic Monday" came into my mind, too. I've always enjoyed that particular Bangles' song so I decided to include the video at the bottom of my blog today. *grin* (Be prepared to step back in time a "few" years. *wink* The video is a hoot! Very dated!)

Anyways...

A busy Monday as always...getting the house cleaned up after the weekend.

I refreshed my baby duedate ticker tape thingy on Facebook to see that it's only 60 days (or sooner) until Leechie might possibly debut... Of course, I could go later, but the 60 days brought a certain panic to my chest since I know I still have lots more stuff to do before that happens. Hence, the "manic" in my Monday musings title today.

We went to New York to see a dear friend this weekend. (I'll blog on that tomorrow and include lots of photos.) It was a gorgeous day, and we enjoyed relaxing and hanging out with her...and eating some fantastic food!!

The kids spent Saturday and part of Sunday with my parents, enjoying some shopping and games. They haven't had that chance in over a year so it was fun for all.

Edward lost a tooth whilst at the grandparents' house. He put it under his pillow there but to no avail. The Tooth Fairy doesn't make guest appearances at houses without little people, I guess. As my dad pointed out to him, "old people" don't lose their teeth anymore...hopefully, anyway.

So Edward put it under his pillow again last night............ And guess who remember she hadn't remembered to check last night? You got it. But somehow I managed to sneak upstairs while he was sitting with Stuart this morning. I exchanged the bags and nonchalantly came back downstairs, saying nothing more about the Tooth Fairy's "forgetful" nature. I did, however, offer to e-mail her yet again, and Edward was grateful. *wink*

We're still excited for the 24 prequel. The countdown is close to 4 months now, making the new season's debut only 6 months away. Yippee!! Mirrors comes out next month, and Stuart and I are guarded in our excitement since neither of us is a horror flick fan. Still, Kiefer on the big screen? I can close my eyes, right? And ears...and curl up in a ball on the sticky theatre floor...

Well, lots to do before September. So I'd best roll on.

Enjoy your Monday!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

we came to NYC and didn't call us. :o(