Monday, July 07, 2008

Many More Muggy Monday Musings

Happy Monday, the first muggy Monday morning in July.

Can you believe it's July 7th already? Egads!

We did some more sorting this weekend, but I realized I'd best get very, very busy, or I'm going to run out of time.

Hope you enjoyed your July 4th -- Independence Day!

We had a good time watching the parade...in the rain. Yes, it poured. But the parade went on. I guess there's just too much involved to move the parade to the "raindate." Hmm... Not sure why they offered such a date if they had no intention of using it. Still, despite the sogginess, we had a good time and the kids got lots of wet candy...which later had to be thrown out. Oh, well.

Our picnic at my parents' was fun, too. We all brought part of the meal and had way too much food for 7 people. *grin* But it's all part of the festivities of the holiday, right? Sadly, we didn't get to go to the concert in the park, but we did play some games and enjoy some yummy desserts.


My attempt at one of these "flag" desserts that was requested by my hubby. It tasted better than it looked. *giggle*

So, all in all, it was a nice holiday. (I'll post a slide show of the parade photos soon.)

I discovered today that my 7-year-old who likes to play with soap...hates the blueberry-scented shampoo we'd gotten for them awhile ago. I found some of it squeezed out into the toilet brush holder as I went to clean the toilet this morning. Hmm... Makes me wonder if the shampoo would work at cleaning toilets? And, if it does especially well, then I wonder if I want it cleaning my kids' hair?

Incompetent criminal of the day (from my hubby's daily calendar):
A gullible robber in Baldwin Park, California, accosted a bank employee in the parking lot. Once inside, he told her to deactivate the bank alarm; instead, she set off the silent alarm. He told her to open the vault; she said she needed a second teller's help. Incredibly, he told her to go outside and make sure the coast was clear. Once outside, she locked the bank's door, trapping him inside. It wasn't long before he surrendered and was carted off to jail.

With that in mind, I bid you adieu and hurry off to continue sorting out the baby's room.

Wish me luck.

On second thought, if you don't hear from me in a few hours, send help...or at least a pizza. *wink*

No comments: