Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Freedom! Freeee-dom!


"Vacation's come, and we are free.
No more school for you and me.
No more Latin, no more French,
No more dunces on a bench."
--Los Angeles Times, Jun 29, 1901, p. 16

School is officially over for my two kiddos.

Apart from a few odds and ends on my end, Edward and Emily have successfully completed all of their work and are moving on to 2nd and 6th grades, respectively.

It's amazing to think of how much they've accomplished this schoolyear... and how much they've grown and changed.

I cannot believe our "little" girl is going into her last year of elementary school. (Insert wincing face here.)

So although they'll be free from structured learning, I know my two curious monkeys will continue to learn and grow throughout the summer.

We have books to read...naps to take in the sun...places to explore...and a whole big yard to play in on the hot summer days.

And at Summer's end, we'll have a new family member to meet.

Bring on those lazy, hazy days...

No comments: