Monday, July 16, 2007

Memorable Musings on a Monday Morning

Happy Monday to you! Mid-July already!

We had a reprieve in the hot weather with two nice, non-humid days! Hooray! Both our A/C unit and our bill had a rest. Take that, PPL!

<--Found this photo on Penny Keating's blog. I'm a huge fan of Jude Cole and love the fact that these two men are such good buddies. I'm keeping Jude's song on my video player for another week in honor of that.

One of my favorite quotes: "One of the biggest misconceptions about Kiefer is that he got anything easy in his life. He's done it on his own, every step of the way....He's Corleone loyal. We used to have a recurring fight about if one of us killed somebody, would we rat on each other? I'd say, 'That would depend on why you killed 'em.' And he would get really mad at me for that. In his code it wouldn't matter what you did; you would just never rat on your friend." - Jude Cole, best friend - singer/songwriter/producer.

I love that: Corleone loyal!

It's still 6 months until the next season of 24. I'm midway through rewatching Season 6, which we enjoyed immensely. Apparently, they scrapped the Season 7 concept and are "back to the drawing board." Hmmm... I finished the first season of Prison Break and enjoyed that, too. Of course, Season 2 won't be out until the autumn, but I already saw the finale of that one so I'll be okay once the new season begins. I think I'll try Lost next.

Our little countdown clock is speedily ticking away the time until Stuart returns to us. He's having an interesting time on the off-shore rigs in Brasil, but now he remembers why he didn't enjoy working for the service department: being away from us! The feeling is mutual.

We spent Saturday evening looking through old photographs at my parents' house. My mom had accidentally dumped out a box of photos and spent the time cleaning them up, looking through them as she did so.

I always feel like a time traveler when I look through old photos. There's something that is triggered in my memories that takes me back to the time in the photo -- if only briefly. I can remember smells and feelings and wondering at the styles that we so readily accepted...

Last evening, I rewatched Mr. Holland's Opus. (I'm such a sucker for mushy movies!) But it was another chance to "time travel." Since I played the flute in the band, I have lots of memories of our music department. I love how the movie spans Mr. Holland's entire career at the school, and the music is phenomenal.

* * *

5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT
• Adirondack chairs by the lake
the road to a friend’s house
• brown sugar on fresh pineapple
• fields of wildflowers
• an amulet

* * *

That would be Route 422 East.

My wonderful friend and fellow sappy-movie buddy, Angel, and her family have been so good to us while Stuart's been away, spending time with us, watching movies, having us for Sunday lunch.

And we've discovered so many commonalities that we've decided we were "twins" separated at birth by 3 1/2 years...no hints on who's older. (We were even born in the same hospital in Maryland!)

There's a quote that says something like, "The road to a friend's house is never long..." I'd have to agree. (About 10 to 15 minutes, depending on if you speed...)

*grin*

From the Friendship Page:

"Keep your eyes upon me, keep me in your sight, Help me down the crooked road, lead me to the light. The road I'm on is dark, I'm not sure if I know the way, Yet with you right beside me, I'm certain I won't stray. Protect me from the world, I know we'll make it through, Give me all the strength I need..... Let me lean on you." - Megan Stroup

"Friends are the Bacon Bits in the Salad Bowl of Life."- Pizza Place sign

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Season 2 of 'Prison Break' is not that great. We stopped watching it after a few episodes.You are going to love 'Lost.' We started watching it last summer after season 5 of '24' was over and got hooked. :) It keeps you on the edge of your seat and makes you want to keep watching. It's a great show.

Hugs,
Lana

www.chenards.com

Angel at Aduladi' said...

Personally, I speed just to shorten the trip ;-)

CL,
Angel