Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Firsts

I decided to take a break in my weekly Friday Funnies to bring you (drumroll): Friday Firsts.

The event I'm about to list actually happened yesterday, but who's checking...

Edward lost his FIRST tooth.

With Emily losing teeth left and right (she's up to molars now, I'd completely forgotten that he was coming of age to begin this dental replacement ritual.

At lunch yesterday, he complained that his one tooth was hurting. When I asked which one, he pointed to one of his lower front teeth. I suggested that maybe it was loose and ready to come out. He wiggled it and sure enough it was very, very loose.

A bit of pushing and prodding during the afternoon had that baby finally falling out by about 6 p.m. -- during dinner, of course.

He decided to save it from the Tooth Fairy until tonight since Stuart RETURNED today (Hooray! Yay! Yee-haw! See: Happy Dance), and he wanted him to join in on the joy and celebration of his first tooth going under his pillow. Sweet little guy, huh?

Emily promptly told him that since it was his first tooth, the Fairy would probably leave him a golden dollar, card, and book -- as she did for her first tooth. Afterall, she informed him, it is a special time.

Way to raise the bar, Emmypie. *grin*

No pressure, Mommy and Daddy. er, um...Tooth Fairy.

1 comment:

Ami said...

I'm so glad (for you) that Stuart is back! I know it can be hard when the hubby is away. Very exciting for Edward though, he has now entered a new stage in his life.....even if it is just the tooth fairy stage. ;)