Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cookie (Monster) Times

I've decided that somehow I must be related to Cookie Monster.

He was one of my favorite characters on Sesame Street when I was little.

And I love cookies.

Hmmm...

Coincidence? I don't think so...

"C" is for cookie that's good enough for me...

I discovered something about myself when I was first married and we had a knock-down-dragout fight conflict: I could sit and stare at the clock for hours while we endured a "Mexican standoff," or I could do something useful, like bake cookies. I did the clock-stare thing a few times and then voted in favor of the cookies.

As Robert Fulghum said in his book, All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten: Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.

When people around me (or I) feel blue...I often make cookies. There's nothing better than sweet, warm, gooey cookies to cheer up a down spirit.

Ooops...there's the buzzer....

No comments: