Sunday, July 08, 2007

One, Two, Three, Awwww...

Okay. Okay. I really need a pity-party.

My hubby left today for a two-week trip to Brasil.

Sounds exotic for him, right? Well, it's certainly not a pleasure trip -- though we all think it's very cool that he gets to fly over the Amazon Rain Forest and South of the Equator. He's there for his job, and he'll be flying to three different off-shore oil refineries.

He used to travel all the time. To the kids and me, it became second nature to say goodbye to him for awhile. We were sad, but we just got on with it.

Now, we've gotten used to him being home. We kind of like saying goodbye only until lunchtime... We aren't used to saying goodbye for several weeks and "getting on with it" anymore. And I'm glad of that.

I know. I know. The two weeks will fly by. And it's really nothing compared with what military families have to face...

But, in the meantime, I'm going to batten down the hatches...cry a bit...cuddle up on the couch and hug a pillow...eat some chocolate...cry some more...watch hormonal movies...and cry a little bit more.

Tomorrow, I'll start "getting on with it."

1 comment:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I will bring the chick flick and you buy the chocolate croissant (oh wait, Stuart usually buys those, sniff, sniff...). I can sympathize completely and look forward to keeping a few of your hubbyless hours occupied with chocolate and hormonal sniffles! Many hugs to you!!!