Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Curious and Curiouser

"Curious...and curiouser..."

I love that expression from Alice in Wonderland, especially because it reminds me of my 9-year-old daughter. She must be one of the most curious creatures out there. If she was an animal, she'd be a cat...

"Curiosity killed the cat...but satisfaction brought it back."

To her, the world is so full of stuff to see and do and explore...and touch.

Sheesh...I thought they outgrew that sort of thing. She was the sort of baby that put everything in her mouth. And I mean everything.

I feel silly still having to remind her to keep her hands to herself and "just look." She always insists that she is "just looking." For her, looking incorporates touching...like her fingers have tiny eyeballs on them.

Funny thing is: I've discovered that I'm a curious person, too. I think that's why I was drawn into the world of journalism, a place I swore I'd never work. Because I ask a lot of questions...demanding even more answers...I just have to know.

Our midwife thought I was a bit of a hypochondriac when I was pregnant with Emily...I asked so many questions. It was only when I explained that I worked as a reporter and worry more when I don't feel I understand something, that she truly understood me.

I guess I'm just "curious and curiouser"...like my daughter.

Perhaps that's why I peruse the Internet, reading stuff on my favorite actors and movies and shows. I'm just curious to know stuff. The actors' lives are intriguing to me because they live in such a different world.

Speaking of which, I no longer feel "sorry" for Kiefer....not after I read how much he was making on his two-day ad filming campaign...*grin*...and saw where he's vacationing. *sigh*

Curious...and curiouser....

No comments: