Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hell-ish Kitchens Revisited Again

Well, once again it's time for another installment of (insert dramatic music here) Hell-ish Kitchens, the part of my blog where I share an amazingly stupid simple recipe with my loyal reader(s).

Actually, all silliness aside, I do have a wonderful "jumping-off" recipe to share with you.

I'm not a great "believer" in recipes (though somehow I have a gazillion cookbooks). Well, I do have some that I follow religiously since I know they taste delicious "as is," without any tweaks. But, for the most part, I like to invent my own or use a recipe as a "jumping-off" point. The simpler the better in my book.

With that in mind, I give you:

Amazingly-Simple-Yummy-Full-of-Veggies-Roasted-Chicken-Caesar-Salad (Catchy title, huh?)

1 bag of Caesar Salad mix/kit
1/2 lb. of boneless chicken breast
1 bag of frozen corn
1/4 cup Caesar dressing

Broil the chicken breast and cook the corn as per the package directions or your taste. Add to salad mix. Add 1/4 cup more of salad dressing. Toss to coat chicken and mix in corn.

Of course, you could make this any way you'd like, even adding in more veggies, easily getting your daily recommended allowance of 4 or 5 veggie servings. We liked the corn since it added a slightly sweet taste to the salad.

An easy cool "one-pot" dinner for a hot summer night.

No comments: