Thursday, August 02, 2012

In the Middle of the Street

"Our house...in the middle of the street... Our house..."

Remember that song?

We've been doing a lot with houses at the moment.

A few days ago, I braved the heat of our attic and dug out the "Happy Street" sets we began buying when Emily was a baby/toddler.

It was a joyous reunion of all the various sets and people. Ethan was amazed -- and delighted -- by it all.  His siblings were wistful and a bit regretful that they didn't spend more time playing with it.

We put together a few sets and dusted off a few more and set up the people and cars, and Ethan began to play with his newly established English village, Happy Street.

He played and played. He loved it!

After a day of playing with it, I asked if I could join in.

I had some of the little children and older people figures set up at one end of the "village" we'd created. He had the emergency center with the firemen and police constable.

Suddenly, the constable drove madly down the street and knocked down all of the people I set up.

Ethan laughed wickedly.

I laughed, too, and asked him what he was doing.

"Now it's 'Sad Street,'" he told me with a giggle as he helped me reset the people..

Hmm...methinks somebody is watching too many of his brother's iPod games? *wink-grin*

No comments: