Friday, February 05, 2010

Friday Funnies


First, a Happy 16th Birthday "shout-out" to my nephew, Erik!!! Happiest Birthday to you!

In other news...

This came to me in an e-mail from my mother-in-law. Thanks, Jan!

Enjoy! And have a funny Friday!

IDIOT SIGHTING 1

My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-away window, and I gave the girl a £5 note. Our total was £4.20, so I also handed her a 20-pence piece.

She said, "You gave me too much money."

I said,"Yes I know, but this way you can just give me £1 back."

She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the 20 pence and said that they were sorry but they could not do that kind of thing. The girl then proceeded to give me back 80 pence in change...

Do not confuse the girls at MacD's.


IDIOT SIGHTING 2

We had to have the garage door repaired. The GARADOR repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener.

I thought for a minute and said that we had the largest one GARADOR made at that time: a 1/2 horsepower.

He shook his head and said, "Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower."

I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4, and he said, "NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two.."

We haven't used Garador repair since.


IDIOT SIGHTING 3

I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbour call the Highways Department to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road.

The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."


IDIOT SIGHTING 4

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an Irish airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?"

To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?"

He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us...and the scary part is that is they have the RIGHT TO VOTE and REPRODUCE!

No comments: