Thursday, October 01, 2009

A Metamorphasis of Motherhood

It's funny how our reactions change during motherhood.

In the beginning, whenever my firstborn made a mess, I thought, "Aaaaaaaaaaa!"

When the second child spilled something, I thought, "Oh, no. Ugh."

Then along came the third child....

My reaction when he came up holding a tiny piece of a wipe, and I followed him to find out where it came from, only to discover the livingroom floor covered with wipes?

"That's hilarious! Where's my camera?"


Funny how that works, huh?

2 comments:

Jadie said...

Hmmm, I see this relaxed attitude around me Susie. But for a tidy person like me... Am I sure I want kids?

Susie said...

LOLOL, Jadie! Of course you want little people...they inherit our tendancies. More than likely you'll give birth to a tidy person, too.

But I know what you mean about the "relaxed attitude." When it comes to discipline...I'm a bit of "tough cookie." (More like a police officer.) But with messes, I've found myself mentally calculating the amount of time needed to "fix" the situation...and then I react. In this case, I thought, "I can pick that up in 5 seconds and still use the wipes. Great! Where's the camera first?" LOL! A few years ago, I wouldn't have thought like that...or been quite so calm. ;) Probably lucky for Ethan, huh?